1) Community - We consider all Jewish individuals and their family members who live on the north side of Chicagoland within a 20 minute drive of our synagogue, with special emphasis on Skokie, Lincolnwood, Evanston, Morton Grove, Glenview, Wilmette and the north side of Chicago as potential members of our Synagogue and people to whom we might lovingly reach out.
2) Crowd - Individuals who sporadically attend Shabbat services, Wednesday Night Studies or Special Events, whether they are followers of Messiah Yeshua or not, are considered within our Synagogue to be guests who, although curious, are at an initial interest level.
3) Congregation - This level is reached when individuals commit to regularly attending our Shabbat morning services, adjusting their own schedule in order to prioritize their Synagogue's primary community gathering, and who state their intention to actively grow in their commitment to following Messiah Yeshua. People are expected to pursue Membership at this level: Membership is a pre-requisite of Synagogue service.
*Note: Moving into levels 4 & 5 require spiritual pre-requisites as listed.*
4) Committed - Individuals at this level are active in the community life go the Synagogue beyond just Shabbat morning and show a clear commitment to practicing personal spiritual disciplines: scripture study and meditation, prayer, accountability, outreach, financial giving, and commitment to the Synagogue through ministry service. The spiritual pre-requisite is humble teachability!
5) Core - Individuals at this level are those who actively use their gifts and abilities to lead others within the Synagogue community. The spiritual pre-requisite is humble leadership!
1) Shabbat Morning Service - We consider our Shabbat Morning Service to be where guests, new attendees and people who are not yet followers of Messiah Yeshua enter our Synagogue community. It is also our weekly time to gather together as followers of Messiah Yeshua for the purpose of drawing close to G-d through Jewish tradition, inspiring worship and dynamic Scripture based teaching. We also facilitate relationships within our community by providing a weekly Kiddush which follows this service and select small group seminars and studies.
2) Wednesday Night Studies - The purpose of out Wednesday Night Studies is to provide a time for communal gathering, prayer, and study for all ages. In-depth Scripture studies and seminars are taught to strengthen and train people to practically apply their faith and develop into mature followers of Messiah Yeshua who will then make a strong impact within our Synagogue, our families, our greater Jewish Community and the community of Messianic believers at large.
3) Service Opportunities & Outreach - It is our expectation that members of Devar Emet Messianic Synagogue will choose to use their talents and treasure to serve, encourage and testify in the name of Messiah Yeshua within our Synagogue, and to reach back out into our greater Jewish community and beyond to make Messiah Yeshua known.
Type content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area. No need to get caught up in the actual content of this body text, we just typed a bunch of meaningless sentences. If you get anything from this text, please understand that this is just example text to give you a feeling for what your real text might look like. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content.